His Virtue Sheikh-ul-Islam Allahshukur Pashazade
Chairman of CMB, Co-chairman of the Interreligious Council of CIS
• Co-chairman of the CIS Inter-Religious Council;
• Chairman of the Advisory Council of the Muslim Religious Leaders of the Commonwealth of Independent States;
• Chairman of the Supreme Religious Council of the Peoples of Caucasia;
• Member of the Board of Directors of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Centre for interreligious and intercultural dialog (KAICIID);
• Member of the Royal Aal Al-Beyt Academy of Islamic Thought, HK of Jordan;
• Member of the Presidium of "Tagrib" Committee of convergence between Islamic mazhabs.
Sheikh Ul-Islam Pashazade is an active proponent of the unity of all traditional mazhabs of Islam. On his personal initiative, the Council of Kadies has been established under the Caucasian Muslims` Board, reflecting Azerbaijan's Sunni-Shia mix. This Council has the theologian authority on both Shia and Sunni mazhabs.
Being the leader of the major Muslim community of Azerbaijan, he makes special effort to promote the interreligious dialogue, tolerance and multiculturalism in the Azerbaijani society and around the world.
Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor of the Theology Allahshukur Pashazade also is known as the first historian scholar on Islamic Studies in Azerbaijan. In 1997, he has established the Scientific-Religious Council under the Caucasian Muslims Board.